Keep up to date with the latest news in Homecare
January 16, 2017
Benefits of Home Care
As you get into your senior years, there may come a time in your life when you can no longer do everything for yourself. You might struggle with your mobility around the house or need help with meal preparation or personal care. When this becomes a reality, professional care will most likely be needed. So at this point in your life, you may be considering what home care options are available to you. It’s never an easy decision to make. What should you be looking for? What are the benefits for you?
Let’s take a look at why home care should be considered and why Communicare should be your only choice.
- Firstly, one of the biggest benefits of home care is that you are receiving the help you need in a comfortable and familiar place, your own home. That can’t be underestimated in your overall health and well-being.
- Receiving home care for only a few hours a day can allow you to maintain your independence.
- Your family and friends can visit you whenever you want, whereas, if you lived in a nursing home or an assisted living home, there may only be certain times of the day that they could visit.
- If you only require an hour or two of care a day, it can be a much more affordable option of care as it is charged by the hour.
- You may also have the option of getting state funded care.
- If you are receiving care for a serious illness or if it’s for palliative care, then we can provide specially trained staff to deal with your needs on a very personal level.
- The rapport and relationship that can be built between you and your care assistant as they offer you daily assistance and companionship can have a hugely positive effect on your life.
- If Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia were to develop, being in familiar surroundings can produce feelings of calm and a sense of control.
- You have a variety of care options. If you are paying for care privately, you get to choose the hours that care assistant’s call round to your house.
- In consultation with you and your family, Communicare will create a personal home care plan that suits your needs.
- Flexibility: If there is ever a time when care isn’t required , we can cancel and bank the hours for you for another day
- 24/7 Emergency support
Choosing to receive home help is an incredibly important decision for you to make for yourself or for your loved one. One of the major factors to consider is how much care will you or your loved one need!? Communicare Healthcare can provide a range of services for young and old and we can be very flexible with the range of care that we offer, including disability care, palliative care, specialised childcare and care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Making the right decision can take time and it may not be an easy decision to find the right solution for you, but feeling safe and cared for is invaluable and well worth the time it takes to make this decision.
Call us on 01 8338000 to organise a free care assessment or to enquire about any of the services we offer.